The Last Phonic Show... Ever

It's been a little while since I've posted anything related to Phonic FM on this blog, the last occasion being the release of C. S. Lewis: Man or Rabbit?, for which Phonic very kindly allowed me to use their second studio. Those who have been following the show's Facebook page may have noticed a gradual drop-off in content, and over the last couple of months I've had to miss a lot of shows, often at short notice, due to work or rehearsals for Improbable Fiction.
http://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000041989005-3zoibq-original.jpg?30a2558
I don't feel that it's fair to continue this, particularly in light of the commitment shown by the other Phonic presenters. I gave up my breakfast show Good Morning With Mumby, earlier this year due to my financial circumstances, but now with me settling into my new job and hopefully moving to Yeovil soon, I feel the time is right to bring the curtain down on my Phonic career (if that's not to grandiose a term).
 
I have informed the board of Phonic FM that my next show, on Sunday 12th October, will be my last on the station. It feels the right time to go, as I gradually settle into a new community and a new phase of my life in Somerset. I owe an immense debt of gratitute to the board and volunteers at Phonic for all that they have done for me over the last two years. The station is a great service for the people of Exeter and it has been a privilege to play a small part in it.
I hope you'll all be able to join me for the final In The Mood For Mumby, which will be broadcast from 4pm to 6pm on Sunday 12th October, on 106.8 FM and online via phonic.fm. I've not decided upon a theme, though there will be a fair few goodbyes and probably a tear or two. I want to thank you all for listening to me over the last two years, and hope that I can get you in the mood, one last time.

Daniel

Comments