Phonic FM is 6 Years Old!

I've done quite a number of posts on this blog about my involvement with Phonic FM in Exeter, from updates about my actual shows to promoting events such as PhoniCon and the Phonic FM Christmas Cabaret Party. Today I'm happy to publicise another event, which marks the station's sixth birthday.
Festival favourites fiddle for Phonic
On Saturday February 15th, the Exeter Phoenix are hosting a gig by The Three Daft Monkeys, supported by Dumber Than The Average Bear. The former have just released their sixth studio album, Of Stones and Bones, described as "a compelling collection of songs that draws the listener into the bizarre and mysterious world of Cornish tales and superstitions". You're in for a treat, and the best part is that all the proceeds go towards the next six years of Phonic FM!
http://www.phonic.fm/images/logos/phoniclogotop.gif
I've now been broadcasting on Phonic for the best part of 18 months, and I am eternally grateful to Dave Treharne and Pats Bensberg who gave me the opportunity to host a show - and then asked me to take over a breakfast show to boot! The creative freedom I enjoy in assembling and broadcasting my shows is immensely fulfilling, and the station attracts some very exciting talent in its huge variety of presenters. I want to see this station continue to attact such talents and delight Exeter for as long as possible, and being at events like this are one way in which you can make that happen.
 
Tickets for the gig are £10 and can be bought online via the Exeter Phoenix website via the link above or by calling (01392) 667080. I hope to see as many of you there, and here's the next six years!

Daniel

Comments