Broadclyst Theatre Group: Calendar Girls

Back in December I posted about Broadclyst Theatre Group's production of Ali Baba & The Forty Thieves. Now I'd like to plug their new production of Tim Firth's Calendar Girls, which is taking place next month. The difference is that, unlike the pantomime, I'm actually in this one!
http://usefulwiki.com/londontheatre/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/calendargirls.gif
For those who aren't aware, Calendar Girls is a charming comedy-drama based on a true story. It follows a group of women from Knapeley Women's Institute in Yorkshire, who pose for a nude calendar and in doing so raise money to buy a new sofa for their local hospital. The film, directed by Nigel Cole in 2003, became a big international hit, and the film was subsequently turned into a stage play in 2008.
http://www.pastposters.com/cw3/assets/product_expanded/(JamieR-BX)__CalendarGirls(1).jpg
Professional productions of Calendar Girls have been enjoying sell-out success for several years now, but we believe we can give the professionals a run for their money while raising money for charity. We'll be performing at the Broadclyst Victory Hall from May 9th-11th, with four performances including a matinee on the 11th. I have a small role as Liam, a jaded film director who works with the ladies during the second half. You'll be relieved to know that I don't have to take my clothes off - you can thank me later.
Tickets for Calendar Girls are now on sale via TicketSource at £9 each, and will also be available in Broadclyst Post Office as of next week. There'll be more Calendar Girls stuff coming up on the blog soon: I'll be reviewing the original film in a week or so. I'll also be interviewing two of the female cast members on In The Mood for Mumby on Phonic FM on Sunday 14th April, and will put up an edited version of that interview up on YouTube.

Hope you can come and support me, look forward to seeing you in May!

Daniel

Comments