WHATCULTURE!: The Party Remake

Having apologised last time for my contributions to WhatCulture! becoming more infrequent, here is my second article for them in as many weeks.

It's the second edition of Risk a Remake? and this time we're focussing on Blake Edwards' The Party, his third collaboration with Peter Sellers. With all the comparisons being drawn between Edwards' work on the Pink Panther series and the recent remake of Gambit, the time seemed right to weigh up another one of his films.
You can read my article on the prospect of a remake here, and can find my full review of The Party on my old blog here. If you need even more Blake Edwards, then you can either read my review of A Shot in the Dark (the best of the Pink Panther series), or read my tribute to Herbert Lom here.

Daniel

Comments