Warkworth Drama Group: Mother Goose

Panto season is upon us, and many among us will be gearing up to go with large groups of family and friendly to see vaguely famous people make fools of themselves in too much make-up. But before you start rushing off to the box office, I'd like to plug a couple of smaller, local offerings - if 'local' can also mean 'where I used to live.' In my next post I'll talk about Broadclyst Theatre Group, but for now I'd like to head north to Warkworth in Northumberland.

Before I moved down to Devon, I was an active member of Warkworth Drama Group in Northumberland. I performed in two of their pantomimes, playing the hero Tom-Tom in Goldilocks & the Three Bears and the villain Zendave in Sleeping Beauty (which was much more fun). This year my old friends are taking on Mother Goose, and it promises to be entertaining.
mother goose
Warkworth Drama have a really good record with pantomime, and as both observer and participant I've been impressed by their high standards of production. The material and its execution are always good, and the crowds they draw are always enthusiastic (I should now, having been booed by them). So if you live in the North-East of England, why not give them a try?
mother gooses set
Mother Goose is playing in Warkworth Memorial Hall at 7:30pm from Thursday 13th to Saturday 15th December, with a 2pm matinee on the Saturday. If you live in Northumberland, you can buy tickets for Mother Goose from either the village shop in Warkworth or N. & F. Young's in Amble. Alternatively you can book tickets online here. Tickets are £6 for adults and £4 for children under 13 - and if you book more than 10 tickets online, you get 10% off!

If you need any more persuading, then click here to see photos from previous years - including the sight of me in a purple wig. You have been warned...

Daniel

Comments