Advent Tea Notes

Tomorrow is the first day of Advent, the time of year in which we count down to the celebration of Christ's birth by gorging ourselves daily on chocolate. This year, however, I'm doing things a little differently.

Basically, an old friend of mine from Warwick University has been selling tea bag advent calendars in support of Coventry Cyrenians, the largest independent homeless charity in Coventry and Warwickshire. The idea is that instead of a piece of chocolate, every day you're given a different  tea bag with a different kind of tea to try. Each portion of tea comes in its own little wrapper with notes about what kind of tea it is and where it came from.
Every day through advent I'll be trying one of these teas and posting thoughts on my Twitter feed (@mumbyatmovies). I've decided to tweet them so that people who come to the blog for film stuff won't have to navigate through a load of posts they're not interested in. Come Christmas Eve, I'll probably collect all my thoughts together into another post on here, just in case you missed anything.  I'll try and post at a consistent time each day, but I can't make any promises.
http://www.coventrycyrenians.co.uk/images/logo.gif
I'm looking forward to doing this, although I should state that I am by no means an expert on tea. If you want a more informed opinion, the best place to go is my dad, whom you can follow @rareteahunter. If you want to find out more about the work of Coventry Cyrenians, follow them @CovCyrenians or visit their website here.

If that's not enough to get you into the Christmas spirit, try this video from the aptly-titled Tea Fuelled arts collective in London:
Daniel

Comments